StatCounter

Saturday, January 8, 2011

This was the week that almost wasn't... on TCM

This week snuck up on me and nearly passed me by, and I was too disorganized to post a schedule earlier! Luckily, I don't think there was too much to report. The one thing I missed that sounded intriguing was a 1937 short called 'The Romance Of Digestion.' Now I see that it's Robert Benchley, and I should have known. Unlike the reviewer in the above link, I've loved the Robert Benchley shorts. Definitely a precursor to the British series Look Around You.

Friday, January 7, 2011
State Fair (1945) 10:00 PM - This musical stars Blue Boy and takes place in Iowa-y, not Cal-iforn-I-A. Not even O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A (Oklahoma.... YOW!).
Wonderful World Of Tupperware (1959 short) 5:30 AM

Saturday, January 8, 2011
The Glass Key (1942) 8:30 AM - Veronica Lake and Alan Ladd star in another (adaptation of a) Dashiell Hammett story. And, yes, William Bendix is in this one, too! Interestingly, Hugh Beaumont is not in this movie, but Alan Ladd plays a character called Ed Beaumont (also played by George Raft in the 1935 version of The Glass Key).
Another Thin Man (1939) 12:00 PM - This is the one where Nick and Nora have little Nickie who ruins their lives by making Nick drink milk once instead of a martini. Kids!
Tell-Tale Heart (1941 short film) 3:36 PM - This short film directed by Jules Dassin appears as an extra in the Complete Thin Man Collection boxset.
Road To Morocco (1942) 8:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment