StatCounter

Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Releases! (TV and Sedaris edition)

As an avid Arrested Development fanatic, I'm always delighted to discover prospects of the former cast being utilized in ways that could possibly result in series that aren't instantly cancelled. Running Wilde is Mitch Hurwitz's latest try at a comedy for Fox, who have not been kind to Arrested Development alums in the past. The show features the combined talents of Will Arnett and David Cross, best remembered as Gob and Tobias, respectively. Here's more information about the new show. I've read mixed reviews for the first episode, but that shouldn't dissuade fans from watching! Tune into Fox on Tuesday, September 21 (9:30 PM EST -- check your local listings). Even more promising is the UK-based comedy, The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret, which also stars Cross and Arnett. I've watched a few clips on YouTube, and the Independent Film Channel will be showing the series starting on Friday, October 1 (10:00 PM). IFC has also been airing the new Kids In The Hall series, which has been so-so; the fourth IT Crowd; and Freaks And Geeks, which has been every bit as wonderful as I remembered!

As a side note, both The Big Bang Theory (CBS) and 30 Rock (NBC) will have their season premieres on Thursday, September 23, though, apparently, not at the same time.

On to the book news! Fans of the quirky Sedaris clan will be doubly pleased to hear that there will be two new Sedaris books in the next two months.

Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary, the latest edition to humorist David Sedaris' repertoire, will be available in stores on September 28, 2010. It will be a short collection of animal fables. When I saw him live in 2008, he debuted an oddball story about birds, which ended up being the only story that I didn't enjoy that evening. Since it was my least favorite, I was disappointed when he said that he was working on a collection of other animal stories. And, well, here it is. It can be pre-ordered now, and he will be doing another tour. Seeing him live is an incomparable experience.

Two years ago, I sent Amy Sedaris a note in which I begged her for a sequel to her delightfully demented, I Like You: Hospitality Under The Influence, which is one of my favorite books (Fans of my other blog, Curly Wurly, should have a copy of this book). She has finally followed my suggestion! Amy's second book, Simple Times: Crafts For Poor People, will be released on November 2, 2010. Here's a sneak peak inside. I am so excited about this book. Amy will also be embarking on a short tour. She will be appearing at the Free Library of Philadelphia on November 5. The show is sold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment