StatCounter

Saturday, June 18, 2011

This week on... TCM (June 19 - 25)

Sunday, June 19, 2011
The Courtship Of Eddie's Father (1968) 3:30 PM - People, let me tell you about my best friend. Movies with Nilsson soundtracks usually have the Nilsson songs playing non-stop over the entire movie, so hopefully this one will follow suit.
Waterloo Bridge (1931) 5:15 AM - This is the original 1931 version starring Mae Clarke, Kent Douglass, and Doris Lloyd. I saw the fantastic 1940 remake with Vivien Leigh and Robert Taylor and wouldn't mind comparing the two.

Monday, June 20, 2011
Room Service (1938) 12:15 AM - Marx Bros.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Guys And Dolls (1955) 1:30 AM - There we go. Finally. There's no way I can miss this time slot.

Thursday, June 23, 2011
To Sir, With Love (1967) 3:30 PM - Fantastic movie. Sidney Poitier is something else. I've enjoyed several of his movies, but this one is still probably my favorite.

Friday, June 24, 2011
Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter? (1957) 8:00 PM - Is Rock Hunter an amalgamation of Rock Hudson and Tab Hunter? Regardless, the all-star cast includes Tony Randall, Jayne Mansfield, Betsy Drake (the lucky Mrs. Cary Grant!), and Joan Blondell (among others)
The Beyond (1983) 2:00 AM - I love movies and tv shows about Hellmouths. This movie is about a hotel built over a Hellmouth. Where's your favorite Hellmouth?

Saturday, June 25, 2011
Out Of The Past (1947) 8:00 PM - Robert Mitchum stars in this Jacques Tourneur noir, a TCM Essential.

In just a few hours I'll be watching the first episode of the new series by David Walliams and Matt Lucas of Little Britain fame. It's called Come Fly With Me, and it's airing on one of the most disappointing cable channels (in other words, BBC America). It airs immediately after the WORST British comedy ever made (in other words, The Inbetweeners). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one won't disappoint like most every other show I'm hoping won't suck but does within two or three episodes. Also, I guarantee some fake vomit because it is Walliams and Lucas. I'll report back on the show after viewing! FYI, it seems to air Saturday night, Sunday morning (depending on how you look at it) on BBC America (potentially at 11:30 pm, 2:30 am, and 4:30 or 5:30 am EST). Check your local listings.

No comments:

Post a Comment