StatCounter

Saturday, August 14, 2010

This week on... TCM

Sunday, August 15 (star: Margaret O'Brien)
Meet Me In St. Louis (1944) 3:45 PM - This was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. I used to put an orange towel over my head and roll it up at the front and pretend I was Judy Garland. You'll be on the edge of your seat as Marjorie Main makes the most irresistible catsup ever! Plus, there are great songs like 'Under The Bamboo Tree', 'The Boy Next Door', 'The Trolley Song', and more! Like, 'Skip To My Lou'! Also notable for the sublime haminess of Margaret O'Brien. 'I hate you, Mr. Braukoff!' Will they ever have a happy Christmas again?!!?

Tuesday, August 17 (star: Maureen O'Hara)
The Parent Trap (1961) 5:45 PM - Let's get together, yeah yeah yeah, and watch The Parent Trap! Hayley Mills! And Hayley Mills!

Wednesday, August 18 (star: Ann Sheridan)
George Washington Slept Here (1942) 6:15 PM
The Man Who Came To Dinner (1942) 12:00 AM

Friday, August 20 (star: Katharine Hepburn - I think probably all the movies are worth watching)
Katharine Hepburn: All About Me (1993) 9:00 AM - Documentary/Interview
Undercurrent (1946) 2:00 PM - With the handsome Robert Taylor. A good sounding suspense story.
Woman Of The Year (1942) 8:00 PM
Bringing Up Baby (1938) 12:00 AM - One of my favorite movies! Watch it and you'll just go gay all of a sudden!
The Philadelphia Story (1940) 2:00 AM - Another favorite!
Summertime (1955) 4:00 AM - This was a beautiful movie with Rossano Brazzi! Beautiful Venetian scenery!

Saturday, August 21 (star: Paul Newman - I think probably all the movies are worth watching)
Cat On A Hot Tin Roof (1958) 1:45 PM
Hud (1963) 3:45 PM - Hey Hud! Where's Hud? Oh, that Hud! ..HUD!
Harper (1966) 5:45 PM - A private eye story with Lauren Bacall! Sign me up for that!
The Sting (1973) 8:00 PM - I'll FINALLY get to see this!!
Cool Hand Luke (1967) 10:15 PM - Paul Newman really does play the same 'misunderstood' ne'er-do-well characters over and over again -- well, at least he looks good doing it, so I guess that's okay.
Rachel, Rachel (1968) 12:30 AM - Paul Newman directs wife Joanne Woodward
Sweet Bird Of Youth (1962) 4:00 AM - He looked good in this movie, but that's about it. Look for a REALLY young Rip Torn (who, also, surprisingly wasn't that bad looking). Plus, you can laugh at all the ridiculous character names that are the trademark of everything Tennessee Williams has ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment